Whether you build a new home or buy an existing home, Plianview has many qualified contractors and construction firms.
Home buyers may choose lots in Plainview’s four subdivisions— LeVan Acres, Orchard Hills, Anastacia Estates and Harvest Ridge. For more information on lots, contact Plainview realtors. Harvest Ridge can help income-eligible households with assistance for closing costs and down payments.
Anastacia Estates currently has several lots ready for twin-homes. This development gives homeowners country views and is located close to Plainview’s largest park, swimming pool and walking trail. The grade and high school are five blocks away. For more information, call Tony Montgomery or Brad Jech of Tony Montgomery Realty & Auction Company at (507) 259-7502
Orchard Hills is a project of Meyer Builders, and has been Plainview’s fastest growing sub-division. Homes are custom-built by Energy Star-certified builders and include many value-added features like in-floor heat. For more information, call Kevin or Peter Meyer at 534-2310.
If you’re looking for an affordable home, check out LeVan Acres! A new tract of land that can accommodate sixteen homes is ready for development. Interested parties should call (507) 475-3450.
Three Rivers Community Action Council has building sites for starter homes in the Harvest Ridge subdivision of LeVan Acres. Three Rivers staff will work with low- to moderate-income families on financing options and down payment assistance. To learn more about building a home in Harvest Ridge, contact Jenny Larson, Community Development Director, at (50) 732-8510.
Plainview has a mix of rental units that include subsidized housing and old homes.
Harvest Ridge Townhomes – Lloyd Management – 713 Third Avenue, NE, Plainview, MN 55964
Spacious and affordable 2 & 3 bedroom homes – Rent includes water, sewer, & trash • Dishwasher is each unit • Resident controlled heat & air conditioning • Washer & dryer in each unit • Attached garage • Half bath on main level, full bathroom on upper level (bi-level units)
General Information: (507) 534-2262
Emergency Contact: (507) 696-2406
Eastwood Apartments – Bessler Management – 100 & 102 5th Ave. NE, Plainview, MN 55964
General Information: (507) 534-3969
Built in 1990 in Plainview. Two 2-story 12-plex apartment buildings with on-site parking, playground equipment, and basketball court. Approximately 20 minutes northeast of Rochester. Population just 1,800. Excellent schools, pool and other recreational activities. Excellent location for families. One and two bedroom units. Rent based on income.
Nor-Plain Apartments – SEMMHCHRA – Gayle Hager, Property Manager, 330 First Street NE, Plainview, MN 55964. General Information: 651-565-2638 ext. 216,
This apartment building offers 8 two-bedroom apartments. Each apartment is complete with a modern kitchen, spacious bedrooms, ample closet space and a comfortable living area, off-street parking and plug-ins for your vehicle, air condition sleeve to put your air conditioner in, coin-operated laundry facility and secured entrance
Local realtors who can help you find properties in the Plainview area are:
- Coldwell Banker At Your Service Realty– Grover Team
- Fran Grover – (507) 951-3746
- Rachael Grover-Anderson – (507) 951-0600
- Eric Grover – (507) 259-8438
- Montgomery-Holst Realty– 316 W. Broadway, Plainview, MN 55964 – 534-2315
- Jay Holst – (507) 273-7662
- Roy Montgomery – (507) 421-1532
- Tim Schneider – (507) 951-1687
- Kathy Rohlik – (507) 259-8576
- Jenny Schumacher -(507) 251-5923
- Tony Montgomery Realty & Auction Company– 540 N. Wabasha St., Plainview
- Tony Montgomery – (507) 259-7502
- Brad Jech – (507) 421-0232
- Shelly Schad – (507) 273-3163
Local contractors and construction firms in the Plainview area are:
Bern’s Painting, 635 E. Broadway, Plainview, Phone number(507) 534-2812
Bennett & Sons Sand & Gravel Co., 55110 Cty. Rd. 4, Plainview – (507) 534-3736
Bobby Bedsted – Painting & Maintenance, 320 9th St. NW, Plainview – (507) 226-1209
Elite Tile, Tops & Flooring, 360 2nd St. SW, Plainview – (507) 251-1468
Michael S. Haack Building & Remodeling LLC, 29112 Highway 247, Plainview – (507) 273-1966
HG Electric, 555 4th Ave. SW, Plainview – (507) 272-2969 or
Haley Comfort Systems – Warehouse, 510 1st Ave. SW, Plainview – 534-2901
Heartland Excavating Inc., 52180 220th Ave. , Plainview – 534-2420
Kasten’s Custom Cabinets, 450 1st. Ave. SW, Plainview – 534-1204
KBS Building Systems, 865 Enterprise Dr., Plainview – 534-3855
Brent McNallan Construction, 56866 Cty. Rd. 2, Plainview – 534-1277
Meyer Builders, Peter or Kevin Meyer, 57894 Cty. Rd. 86, Plainview = 534-2310 or 259-4375
Plainview Concrete, 515 4th St. NE, Plainview – 951-4994
Rahman Heating AC & Fireplace, 345 3rd St SW, Plainview – (507) 710-4044
S & J Siding, 515, Plainview – 534-3848
Schultz Plumbing, 300 4th NE Ave., Plainview 534-6606 or 251-0350 (C)
Schumacher Construction, 55921 Cty. Rd. 4, Plainview – 534-4413
Greg Speedling – Contracting, 605 2nd Ave. SW, Plainview – 534-3308
Kenny Sylvester Construction LLC, 25106 530th St., Plainview – 259-9100
WAK Construction Services, 835 Enterprise D. SW, Plainview – 534-3103
The 2015 Plainview Housing Study has documented demand for housing through 2025 based on population growth projections for the Plainview area. These projections do not factor in additional growth that will result from Rochester’s Destination Medical Center (DMC) planned growth.
Single Family Homes
- Over the next ten years, there will be demand for 273 single-family housing units in the Plainview Market Area, which includes the cities of Plainview, Elgin and Millville and the townships of Elgin, Highland, Oakwood, Plainview, Quincy, Viola and Whitewater.
- In Plainview alone, there will be dmand for 123 new, market-rate, single family homes .
- Currently there are 35 vacant lots throughout Plainview but 60% are zoned as twinhomes.
- In order to have a three- to five-year supply of lots for new home construction, up to 20 new lots are needed with a wide range of price points to accommodate future demand.
- There is a need for 75 market-rate, multi-family homes in the Plainview Market area, 52 of which are needed in Plainview to meet demand.
Demand for Rental
- Rental units are in high demand through the area. In the Plainview Market area, there is demand for 64 new rental units with 48 new units needed in Plainview over the next ten years.
- To meet demand for affordable housing defined as 80% or less of Area Median Income (AMI), Plainview will need 18 new affordable rental units.
- To meed demand for subsidized rental units defined as 30% or less of AMI, Plainview will need 17 new subsidized rental units.
- Plainview has a need for 46 new Active Adult market rate units (16 ownership and 30 rental units) between now and 2020
- There is a need for 14 independent living units with the services optional between now and 2020
- Assisted Living units are stable; but there is demand for several more memory care living units
- Overall, Plainview Senior Housing and Greenwood Prairie Places’ independent and assisted living units have no vacancies, indicating pent-up demand for these types of housing units.