2018 Board of Commissioners
President – John Coons
Vice President – Marie Zabel
Treasurer – Carrie Eversman
Secretary – Judith Jordan, EDA Director*
Dustin Boettcher, Council Representative
Stephen O’Connor, Council Representative
*Statute allows the Secretary and Treasurer positions to be held by non-Board members. The EDA Director, Judith Jordan, serves as Secretary.
2018 EDA Meeting Schedule
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
EDA History and Structure
Economic development for the City of Plainview is facilitated by the Plainview Economic Development Authority (EDA). The EDA was established in 1989 by the City Council pursuant to the provisions of Minnesota Statutes Chapter 469. The EDA is both a public body and separate legal entity, and combines the powers of the Economic Development Act, Housing Act, Development Act, Industrial Bond Act, Housing Bond Act and Tax Increment Act.
The purpose of the EDA is to support and promote economic development, housing, and redevelopment programs and activities within the corporate boundaries of the City of Plainview.
Membership on the EDA Board of Commissioners consists of two City Council Members appointed by the Mayor for one or two-year terms, and five community members, also appointed by the Council, who then serve six-year terms. Board of Commissioner meetings are held bi-monthly.
EDA Goals & Objectives
The Plainview EDA works to:
- develop and enhance the employment base and to assist businesses in cases where job loss is “imminent and demonstrable”
- encourage strong, viable growth and development for the commercial and industrial areas of the community
- stimulate redevelopment of underutilized, blighted or obsolete land uses
- ensure that publicly-assisted projects meet guidelines that guarantee public benefit
- promote and encourage high quality construction
- provide more and improved services to the residents of the City