Come Look Us Over!
Come learn why this small city is one of southeastern Minnesota's best kept secrets! Now offering City of Plainview Economic Development loans for commercial, residential and development projects. Call (507) 421-6564 for more information.

Getting Into Business The Right Way


Building Permits, Land Use & Zoning

While you are in the planning stages for your business, you should check zoning ordinances. If you plan to build, you will need a building permit from the City of Plainview. You must have an approved building permit before you start construction. Listing of city fees.

Plainview also uses Construction Management Services (CMS) in Rochester for building and fire code compliance inspections.

Liquor Licenses

This City of Plainview also issues liquor licenses. For more information, contact City Hall at (507) 534-2229.


Wabasha County Public Health Department

If you’re starting a food, beverage or lodging facility, you will need to work with Wabasha County Environmental Health to meet state and county code.  For businesses started in Wasbasha County’s towns, the county’s Environmental Health department regulates:  individual sewage treatment systems; water supply wells; food, beverage and lodging establishments; manufactured home parks; recreational camping areas; public swimming pools; water testing; air quality and indoor air quality; lead; asbestos; and other environmental hazards. The Environmental Health staff also conducts investigations of environmental and public health issues.

Auditor/Treasurer Department

The Auditor/Treasurer’s Office maintains complete records on all real and personal property parcels. This office also collects all current real estate, personal property, mobile home, state deed and mortgage registration taxes, and provides information for all legal description queries.

Wabasha County Auditor/Treasurer: Denise M. Anderson, 625 Jefferson Ave., Wabasha, MN 55981 Phone: (651)-565-2648 Fax: (651)-565-2774

County Recorder Department

The office of the County Recorder consists of Real Estate Records, Personal Property Records, Vital Statistics and Driver’s License’s Divisions. Real Estate Records include information such as ownership, liens, and easements of all property in Wabasha County. The Personal Property Records show whether an individual pledged any personal property (i.e. snowmobiles, boats, cattle) as collateral for loans.

Wabasha County Recorder: Jeffery Aitken, 625 Jefferson Ave., Wabasha, MN 55981
Phone: (651)-565-3623 Fax: (651)-565-2774

Property Search

To learn about real estate in Wabasha County, search the Wabasha County property database.